Quick and easy Beef Burger.
500g extra lean minced beef
1 onion (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
1. Mix the minced beef with the chopped onion and tomato add the egg to bind together.
2. Cook under the grill or pan fry over a medium heat until cooked through.
Spicy Black Bean and Sweet Potato Cake with Lime Dressing
250g raw sweet potato, grated
2 x 440g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
4 spring onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 egg, beaten
100ml natural full fat yoghurt
Juice of 1 lime
1 small green chilli, finely chopped
1. Fry the spring onions in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, chilli and cumin.
2. Transfer to a large bowl, stir in the black beans and mash with a fork. Mix in the sweet potato and egg.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 balls and flatten into patties. Place on a baking tray under the grill for 8 to 10 minutes then turn and continue to grill until crispy.
4. Meanwhile mix together the ingredients for the lime dressing.
Burgers are great served with a big green salad and if you want some carbs add some sweet potato wedges.