It's an interesting time of year for fitness. This year it's all 7 minute celebrity workouts and going sugar free. Thats great, but to be honest its tough! The celebrities have their personal trainer and nutritionist motivating them along day by day, and no doubt someone cooking for them, but what about you, who's going to make it easier and motivate you?
To be brutally honest I am not a big fan of the whole January fitness fad. If you are new to Inspire Me Fit then a big welcome, and I hope not to put you off by my ranting. However if you have bitten the New Year fitness bug then I strongly encourage you to think long term and take it gradually.
After a period of heavy eating and drinking (I am sure it wasn't just me) then in my opinion January is officially the most challenging time to get fit even if you are a regular!
By all means make a start, but don't expect too much too soon. These are my 5 top tips for January to make a sustainable start to getting fitter for 2015:-
1. Make a start by clearing out all the goodies remaining from Christmas. If you feel bad about throwing away food then take it to the office and share it out or donate it.
2. Make one change to your diet. The all or nothing approach to detoxing from sugar is a killer. Without support, most of us manage a day or two at the most, its really tough; yes rewarding once you've achieved it, but you need to go about it in the right way. For now, start by focusing on breakfast and introduce a lunch style breakfast 3- 4 times a week; for example scrambled egg, smoked salmon and wilted spinach. Not only will you be cutting your sugar intake for breakfast but the chances are you won't feel the same urge to snack at 11. For more lunch style breakfast ideas check out my Facebook Page.
3. Make a commitment to attend one fitness class a week. Thats enough to start with. Book up for at least 6 weeks, make it a commitment in your weekly planner so it starts to become a habit. Let the instructor motivate you thats what they are there for. If you pay up front your more likely to get there and then after a few weeks you'll see some results!
4. Get a fitness buddy. It really is more fun if you turn your weekly class into a social event too and you can motivate each other.
5. Grab a friend and sign up for an event. Start with a 5K Run, a 20 mile bike ride or even a walk and aim for March / April so you stay motivated through the winter months. There is so much out there to choose from. I will be sharing good events as and when I see them so like my Facebook Page to receive updates.
With over 20 years experience in the fitness industry, Debbie's philosophy is to provide results driven, progressive but functional training solutions that fit in to our
Sign-up today to receive our Newsletters and get a
FREE ONLINE WORKOUT
Call to find out more: