Home made burgers are quick and easy and high up the healthy eating ladder when compared to their processed alternatives. With easy options too for vegetarians you can cater for everyones needs this Guy Fawkes night.
Quick and easy Beef Burger.
500g extra lean minced beef
1 onion (chopped)
1 tomato (chopped)
1. Mix the minced beef with the chopped onion and tomato add the egg to bind together.
2. Cook under the grill or pan fry over a medium heat until cooked through.
Spicy Black Bean and Sweet Potato Cake with Lime Dressing
250g raw sweet potato, grated
2 x 440g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
4 spring onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 egg, beaten
100ml natural full fat yoghurt
Juice of 1 lime
1 small green chilli, finely chopped
1. Fry the spring onions in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, chilli and cumin.
2. Transfer to a large bowl, stir in the black beans and mash with a fork. Mix in the sweet potato and egg.
3. Divide the mixture into 8 balls and flatten into patties. Place on a baking tray under the grill for 8 to 10 minutes then turn and continue to grill until crispy.
4. Meanwhile mix together the ingredients for the lime dressing.
Burgers are great served with a big green salad and if you want some carbs add some sweet potato wedges.
With over 20 years experience in the fitness industry, Debbie's philosophy is to provide results driven, progressive but functional training solutions that fit in to our